Applications are Invited for Research Fellow
For various projects at India Studies Unit (ISU)
Applications are invited from motivated and eligible candidates for the position of Research Fellow (RF) for various projects to study Indian traditions which are multidisciplinary in nature.
The amount of RF fellowship will be as per CESS norms.
Essential Qualification: The candidate must be having the following qualifications.
- A master’s degree (with 60 % average score) in any one of the disciplines in Humanities or Social Sciences
- Should be able to speak, read and write in English
- Should have the ability to communicate using technology and having the necessary practice of using computers, minimally using Microsoft office appropriately.
- Age limit: not more than 30 years. This could be relaxed depending on the candidate’s abilities.
- An MPhil degree preferably in regular mode
- Preference will be given to those who have academic publications
- Track record of writing popular articles, blogs and so on
- Having an ability to speak, read and write one of the Indian Languages
The initial appointment will be for one year, which is extendable up to the duration of the project, solely based on performance. If the student shows better performance, he/she will be encouraged to register for PhD, and their appointment can be extended.
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to submit a detailed CV to India Studies Unit, CESS, Bengaluru via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last date for submitting application is 29 June 2020
- The subject line “RF application for ISU, CESS”.
- The CV should include details of academic grades starting from 10th standard onwards with details of the year of passing, university or institute, etc. till the most recent and highest degree awarded along with the most recent photograph of the candidate.
- Details of work experience and nature of work, if applicable.
- Complete details of NET/GATE/SLET such as year of passing/validity, discipline, marks, All India rank, and other relevant information should be mentioned in the CV.
- A document with a statement of purpose (SOP) with your motivation and interest in research about Indian traditions.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. Shortlisted candidates will be intimated by e-mail about the date of the interview.
- Interviews will be conducted online.
For any other detail:
For any further clarification, write to: email@example.com